Sunday, June 22, 2014

Hope you all had a wonderful Solstice

All of the events this week had me puzzled.  And in my puzzlement, I made today, the 22nd, the Summer Solstice.  Not off by much, but... 
bad Pagan, I am.

Nonetheless, I hope each of you had a good one.  I attended a memorial for one of my UU elders.  It was lovely, and crowded.  People just stood up from their seats and shared thoughts and memories.  I kept mine to myself at that time, but will share it here, as I'm sure it will bring a smile to some.

When I think of Bob Stebbins, I remember the day I attended fellowship right after getting my Mother's Day pedicure.  I was sporting new sandals and sparkly, colored toe nails.  Bob apparently took notice.  After service, he asked if I had read the story of the siren who seduced by wiggling her toes.  No, I still haven't read that story and now I really want to, but I don't know the name or the author.  It was just the funniest conversation I could think of having right after fellowship, but truth is stranger than fiction.  Bob was an expert at making people smile.

Anyway, back to Summer Solstice, I wanted to share a great quote from True Blood, season 1, episode 3, as spoken by the character of Bill Compton:

"You think that it's not magic that keeps you alive? Just because you understand the mechanics of how something works, doesn't make it any less of a miracle. Which is just another word for magic. We're all kept alive by magic, Sookie. My magic's just a little different from yours, that's all."

All of us have our own different magic.  And isn't that just grand?!  Some of us even have our magic a day late.  *smile* 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and make us aware of other events in the Central Kentucky/Bluegrass Area that may be of interest to members of The Garden.